How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42877
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad passed away in 1986. My step mother sued hospital and

Customer Question

My dad passed away in 1986. My step mother sued hospital and won. My question is I feel that my twin sister and I were cheated out of money that my step mother got. I believe that her and her brother were doing activities that were not right. I think she put the money she won in her brothers name and she in the meantime had another law suit going on bc she was hurt in an accident where a tree branch gell on her car. I believe she also was filing bankruptcy at the time this was all going on. Her brother is still alive and I feel as if my step mom and brother took away from my sister and myself money that should have been ours, after all it was our father who passed. My sis and I have never really knew what to do and it just eats at us because her family got money off our deceased father
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. The first thing to do here is to locate probate in the county he deceased.You would look for estate of ...his name.You can see if there was a will or not, what assets were in the estate--maybe the settlement proceeds.It might be possible for you to sue the executor/administrator personally if you were an heir here and not paid your share.This is your first step you should get copies of the documents for your lawyer if you want to pursue this in court.You would have to sue her where the estate was held.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You can find probate court here in the county he deceased.You also need a death certificate as well for the lawyer. You may well have rights here as an heir to your father.You can sue the executor/administrator if they failed to pay you.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Lawyer for you here to sue. I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.If you can positive rate when we are through it is always much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes call me thank you
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
I am not set up yet for calls I can do unlimited chat online, I sent you an offer be happy to keep on.Thanks.