Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My aunt in germany leaving me a sole heir. the executor contacted

Customer Question
me recently and offered to...
My aunt in germany leaving me a sole heir. the executor contacted me recently and offered to handle the probate and delivery of the estate to me in the USfor a fee of 12 percent. there is an tax of 25 percent , according to german law. is this normal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
5/12/2016
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Th executor fees are restricted by state law. Under New Jersey law, a single executor is entitled to a one-time “corpus commission” equal to 5 percent of the first $200,000 of probate assets, 3.5 percent on the next $800,000 of probate assets and 2 percent on all probate assets having a value in excess of $1 million, said Richard Sanders, an estate planning. You should also speak with a local tax advisor to minimize any taxes at issue.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney