Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

I'm receiving an inheritance from Ghana, can you look up a

Customer Question

I'm receiving an inheritance from Ghana, can you look up a lawyer for me to see if he is a practicing attorney there? Name Barrister Godfrey ANAN esq
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.How did you come to find out about the inheritance? Do you have to pay anything to receive it?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
There is no attorney listed in their membership roll of the Ghana Bar Assn by that name.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
As a general rule, any solicitation over the internet or via email regarding an inheritance is bogus. If they require you to pay any fees to release the inheritance then that is a sure indication of a scam. No recipient of a bequest must advance fees to receive the legacy. If there are taxes or fees to be paid they are deducted from the amount left and a net sum is forwarded.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Also, email is not used to make contact through the probate court or by an attorney seeking to make official communication with an heir.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.