Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

We live in Pennsylvania, Beaver County. My mother-in Law passed

Customer Question
away on Nov. 17, 2012...
We live in Pennsylvania, Beaver County. My mother-in Law passed away on Nov. 17, 2012. The Executor has not even tried to finalize the will which was documented in 2012 through the Beaver County courthouse.
She is sitting on it and will not tell anyone anything, what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
5/11/2016
Estate Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello​This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear this. The Executor has a legal obligation to have the will probated. You have put the request in writing and have proof of the same. So now you will need to file a Motion in the Circuit/Superior court in the county where the will is probated and request the court order her to complete the process and in that alternative remove her as Executor and appoint you. Now, you can only have standing to file if you are a beneficiary or were a conservator of the deceased.
It may be that it is overwhelming and she doesn't know how to ask for assistance.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law