How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Experienced in facets of estates and trusts.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in Pennsylvania, Beaver County. My mother-in Law passed

Customer Question

We live in Pennsylvania, Beaver County. My mother-in Law passed away on Nov. 17, 2012. The Executor has not even tried to finalize the will which was documented in 2012 through the Beaver County courthouse.
She is sitting on it and will not tell anyone anything, what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello​This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear this. The Executor has a legal obligation to have the will probated. You have put the request in writing and have proof of the same. So now you will need to file a Motion in the Circuit/Superior court in the county where the will is probated and request the court order her to complete the process and in that alternative remove her as Executor and appoint you. Now, you can only have standing to file if you are a beneficiary or were a conservator of the deceased.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
It may be that it is overwhelming and she doesn't know how to ask for assistance.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Related Estate Law Questions