Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Is a no administration needed moms share of house after

Customer Question
Is a no administration needed...
Is a no administration needed for our moms share of house after a no adminstration was done for our dad. Both deceased, no will, no dept, heirs agreed on how to split. Just the house.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
5/9/2016
Estate Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Attorney replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Probate needs to be opened for your mother's share. Assuming your father and mother were husband and wife, your father's share in the property automatically passes to his wife (your mother) upon his death. However, the same is not true when your mother passes and her interest passes equally to her heirs. You will need to open probate to address this matter and address the change of title issues. I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is in GA where the wife gets 1/3. If we open probate, do we split shares between my deceased brothers wife and children. My dads shares were split with them 1/5.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Yes, you should split the shares between your deceased brother's wife and children.
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney