How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33030
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I stumbled across my husbands will and last testament. He

Customer Question

I stumbled across my husbands will and last testament. He awarded my son the executor of our estate. We were serperated for 8 years. I now reside back in residence. If my husband passes before me arent i entitled to have say on our property. Hes states in the will that being im on disability i get nothing. Is this truewe live in the state of California
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I just happened to stumble across some of his paperwork and found that he left me out of everything I just found the paperwork 2 days ago so I am very very
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Estate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Your husband can only transfer his separate property in the will. You are entitled to one half of his interest in community property. So, you automatically have 3/4 of the community property. Additionally, he can not award the custody of the son to anyone since you are still alive and your parental rights are not terminated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This last will and testiment was completed on 12-8-14 i had to leave do to my well being. It was not a legal separation. He is stating that i owe all back mortage payments my share. Couldnt we have rented the residence out.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for following up with me. You do not owe anything unless there was a court order or agreement stating you would reimburse the costs to your husband.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.