How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41003
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am my mom firstborn and heir. My aunt home is in her name.

Customer Question

I am my mom firstborn and heir. My aunt home is in her name. My aunt has obtained and act of immobilization. What can I do to obtain the right of ownership?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today Is the property deeded to you ro whose name is ***** ***** thats not clear?Is your mother deceased and was there probate here?Some more information please so I may assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My grandmother left a will. I haven't seen it. My family has closed ranks. My mom is deceased. The family has said they want to buy me out. They tried to get me to sign over my inheritance before she died. She had a fit!! Told me never to do that ever! Family members have called me and heiress. And for no reason have stopped speaking or communicating. I've tried to search myself and hit walls. My family is political and influential in St. Tammany Parish. They call me about land disputes and follow my answers but say Ohh..there's nothing. I know my grandmother. Very smart. She did something. They cry when I've tried to ask. Now no contact
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information.You need your own probate lawyer. If probate has been filed here then it is all public record.I would try to get a copy of the will and anything else that has been filed and take it to the lawyer.This really sounds like they are up to no good and may be trying to clear out the estate and leave you nothing.You have rights here as an heir and a lawyer makes them follow the law.The executor can be removed for failure to communicate and for self dealing. Look for will and documents hereSt. Tammany ParishClerk of Court website~ mailing address ~P.O. Box 1090 (70434)701 N. Columbia Street (70433)Covington, LATelephone:(###) ###-####ovington Office Hours: Monday ~ Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Probate lawyer here for you I appreciate the chance to help you tonight. Sorry you are having to go through all of this.If it makes you feel better I have some relatives like this too.Thanks..