How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just need help gettting a bank statement deceased person

Customer Question

I just need help gettting a bank statement for a deceased person in a probate case - not sure if a subpeona is allowed or a motion for an order is needed(?) - feel free to bill me if you can help!
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no its pro se
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Estate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: its really a simple probate involving bank account, the administrator has already been appointed, but requests for the bank statement (with copys of the order for appt) have all been ignored
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The executor or administrator of the estate simply need to provide the proper paperwork to the bank and the bank should provide the information. Since you said that this was already done, the bank is not following state law. If this account was a joint account then it would not be subject to probate and this the bank might not be providing the information because the estate has no right to access of the account. If the bank continues to ignore requests by the administrator then the administrator should go before the probate Judge and ask for a motion to enforce probate order and the Judge can order that the institution turn over any records. This should not be problem and I am wondering if there is some valid reason that the bank is not providing this information. Before any court action is taken. The administrator should call or visit in person the bank in question (with the order appointing them as administrator) and insist on speaking to someone in charge. Do not give up until you speak to someone that can give you answers. The administrator has the legal right to request this information. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Related Estate Law Questions