Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I have several real estate properties that are placed in a

Customer Question
revocable living trust as well...
I have several real estate properties that are placed in a revocable living trust as well as onther asset. I recently went to a a small claims sued for not returning $5, 000 of the deposit $ 5,000 to for damage to the home. Even when proof of $ 5000 in damages were shown. The court judge felt that they were more likely back due about $ 2,20 in damages and tenant was due back about $2800.
Am I judgement proof as this property is in a trust?California " small claim law rules " we're used in this matter. It was my understating in this type action regardless off outcome that they can not penatrate "trust" asset for damages?
Where do I stand on this issue. FYI I was sued personally and the trust was not?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/29/2016
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Do you have a question to ask about the court's judgment?
Hello again. I see that I did not fully answer your question. You asked if you were judgment proof because you hold properties in a revocable trust. The answer is you are not judgment proof, and a creditor can go after properties that are held in such a trust. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney