How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42247
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my rights in a partion proceeding that I knew nothing

Customer Question

What are my rights in a partion proceeding that I knew nothing about until today I own an interest and life estate
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No just got some papers today didn't know anything about this going to happen
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok, me and husband have been living in heir home for ten years he left in sept. His sister gave me her interest with life estate and her children as remaindermen, brother without saying anything to anybodyserves us with partition proceeding summons what are our rights in this matter do I have to move or sell my part
JA: Is there anything else the Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Like what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. If you have a deeded life estate then it lasts your lifetime.No partition suit would affect that.You should file a response asserting your life estate with copy of deed attached to ensure that they are only talking remainder interest here.You have right to remain for your life under such a deed interest.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
If you give me the state where property located I can get you lawyer referral here.Thanks
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.