Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Original petition by wife was filed June 2000.

Customer Question
Original petition for divorce by...
Original petition for divorce by wife was filed June 2000. Petition refiled Nov 2013. Orignal dismissed - statute of 5 years inactivity. DOS trial judgement DOS Nov 15, 2000. August of 2000 I purchased a home as sole and sep property after she had filed. Basically, she backed out of a purchase to divorce, but signed a quit claim for me to purchase sole and seperate. Realtor is witness. 13 years later she played around w DOS to allege 50/50 community property on my home. I purchasesd sole and sep and lived in it seperately - no commingling. We shared nothing since 2000. DOS trial Feb 2016 is Judgement DOS Nov 2000. Can she come after my home with allegations of undue influence? After 13 years?
JA: Divorce can be tough for everyone involved, but arming yourself with accurate information is key to taking charge of a situation. For starters, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We have trial for chartacterization of property end of June
JA: Has anything been filed in court yet?
Customer: DOS trial is over - Judgement Nov 2000. I closed on sle and sep Aug 2000. She initiated the QC and the realtor even advised her. She said to the realtor "We are divorcing, he can buy, I want nothing to do with the new home".
JA: Divorce is seldom "one size fits all", so I recommend you spend a little time with one of the legal eagles we work with. It would be my pleasure to match you with the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: signed a QC w notary at her initiation.
JA: Is there anything else the Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Community funds were used for deposit. $72K.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
4/25/2016
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I am sorry, but I do not understand your post. What are you referring to as "DOS trial?" Kindly review your post, edit, properly identify the parties, and the issues, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney