Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

1/3 I am very upset and I am sure understand I will not have

Customer Question
a problem with backing up...
1/3 I am very upset and I am sure understand I will not have a problem with backing up and trying to explain what I meant to say compared to what it may have sounded like.
I am the benefactor of a trust. It's very complicated the reasoning behind what led up to my mother filing a trust at a specific time. I can prove that she already had Criminal Intent Prior. My mother named two of my cousins as trustees. Neither one knew anything about our family situation or it appears anything else about reality. I have an adopted brother that my father sent away years ago. This after his involvement with the "big boys" in the drug world having been "busted". He became a snitch to avoid prison. He is still using as well as has been known to be the drunk for years His lifestyle was not conducive to our families lifestyle. My father and I spoke in length as well as work together with my family on call 24/7 with the Farms my father had leased as well as owned. He left me the farm and the land and my mother was infuriated. I'm unsure of where to begin. My mother passed away. My one cousin step down as a trustee. My other cousin has yet to listen to what was truly going on and I am injured for life for doing the right thing. My cousin has withheld funds from me and without explanation given money to the burned-out druggie brother, without question. My mother was not well mentally, but I understood her more than anyone. My cousin was spoke to about particular lawyers we will not be going to. Though I didn't know why he was even discussing an attorney. My cousin stoled my mother's and my jewelry from the nursing home without speaking to me. I took her to the nursing home and knew she had our jewelry. I live in a small town and I was not real concerned about theft from this nursing home. Shocked that it was my own family.One of the attorneys I explicitly told him we do not use is now in Mexico in jail, accused of of killing his girlfriend. He had given him $500 the other attorneys from another firm that I expected him to Stand By Me and I was going to bring charges against the head of that firm.
Instead to my knowledge last he has given them approximately $6000+. I was trying to pick up 67 years of my parents and families life together. I had been told I could pay any credit card bills with the trust fund. As I realized he was using my money and giving it to a drunken druggie that was never to be given another dime. I began to use the checking account which was actually passed practice as I had paid bills out of it when my mother was alive at any given time if needed.
He is refusing to answer any other questions that I have asked him regarding where the money is going or why he's even going to an attorney? Let alone an attorney that I specifically told him we were going to need to file charges against this specific attorney, it's like giving money to the enemy. He only notified me of 1 meeting after I had found out he had hired this attorney with my money which means the attorney would be working for me. I made it clear to him that yet 10 years and 4 months to find out the truth and he was not to use my money because he couldn't comprehend who he was or wasn't. He had allowed his wife to get involved in my business as well as until this attorney's phone and I do not know who all he has spoke to I dunno in black and white no he has not turned in this year's income tax our income and expense statements the last statement sent to me, created the illusion that he was giving this brother my money perhaps buying drugs and bringing him back to Franklin County and st. Louis County in the state of Missouri.
Because I was trained as a bookkeeper and had experience with taxes I was specifying every charge and he categorized it as a draw against my portion of a trust when the whole trust was supposed to be mine to begin with.
I have tried to communicate with him nicely little little harsher for I am injured, I'm in pain I am needing specific medical attention and an operation and I do not need more harassment and abuse from him he begin to withhold money from me since last June/July. Out of nowhere in the last month he told me he was sending me a $10,000 cashiers check which the bank in which my trust fund is at would not cash it. I told him that's nothing he already owes me that money then he told me I was to use it to pay my bills well that's not even going to touch trying to put this all back together around the house for we have a sunroom that he failed to turn into the proper insurance agent prior to cancelling the insurance and so far the beds $38,000 and we have a new insurance agent and he thinks I'm going to pay the insurance come June.
He is told me I was to call this specific attorneys firm, ( it is the firm I specifically told him we will not be using them for anything ever we are going to sue a specific attorney within that firm) he told me I could go over to their office pick up the jewelry and another $10,000 check which is nothing compared to what expenses have been incurred on my bills as I have had to have people or chat on the driveway seal the blacktop trim trees cut grass if I was unable to. I was not to be doing anything physical like I have been, I do not know how much he has spent on this specific attorneys firm for he refuses to turn in the paperwork. I am not threatening him I am going to feel quite assured that I can sue him for a farm that after his father died is still in the family for I can be that fourth generation as well. I do not know who he thinks he is. He has not done any other work nor has my brother my family and I worked with my father and I was trying to teach my sons to be young men instead he has tried to teach them to sit for Less I've never seen such a change in 2 young men, as I have in my sons since he has interfered. I have always been generous with my sons with what little I had. Out of nowhere the other day I received this text from my cousin who was acting trustee and haven't a clue why?
It states that he is no longer the trustee and once he hears from the attorney he will get back in touch with me and I am to go through my son if I want to speak with him. I do not care if my sons are two years old or 60 years old I have told him to leave my son's alone he knows nothing about being a man or raising young men on numerous occasions they are not to be disturbed from their jobs their careers and their family because of who he isn't as a man a real man would be able to sit down and have a normal discussion and want to know what the truth is unless he had ulterior motive
He had 10 years and four months prior to my mother's death to discuss anything with me. All it appears he has done has conspired against me in the last 12 years, for my mother died April 14th 2014. I could never imagine him being the slow r distributive let alone abusive and his wife had no right, let alone any other attorneys firm to know my business. I live in a small town we have a very corrupt local, County and state Government and obviously they seen him coming or he's just a paid off twit. I already had a list of who I could bring criminal charges against. I did not think my cousin would have to be on that list.
Waiting for him to quit throwing his two-year-old fit for the last almost 10 months and he not answering questions you're leaving my son who really do not know the rest of the story alone I want to file criminal charges against him. I would have never considered handling a situation this poorly. He seems to have only proving my point of having Criminal Intent and that was why he never spoke to me in the two years and four months that he signed a trust that was not to be written up in its capacity. I'm sure I have jumped around or not explained completely I just know if I'm wrong then we have no justice anywhere.
Thank you for all past and future considerations, Melinda Huff
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
4/25/2016
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Hi Melinda: Thanks for submitting your question to JUST ANSWER. You provide many facts and events that you are aware of. We can't respond to your opinions about those events and the people involved. This forum works best if you state specific key facts clearly and ask questions about those facts. Then we will understand exactly what information you are seeking. I look forward to assisting you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for responding. I suppose the first question would be, what should I do when I don't even know where my money is? My cousin, the ex-trustee has went to an attorney without consulting me, when I find out who he went to without consulting me, I specified this attorney group was not to be used for anything. I attempted to tell him why. How do I now go about suing him, for allowing my personal information to be given to what I already know as the enemy, within this attorney group? How can he just decide not to be the trustee without speaking with me about anything, yet he has spent thousands of dollars of running my father and my family made with his lack of education in financial matters? I do not feel secure in the county in which I was raised and that the land is in. I just want control of what I know is already mine and I want him to have to pay back every dime that he has wasted for it was hard earned money! I also feel it necessary to pay for the mental emotional and physical stress he brought down upon me by not speaking with me and then making an irrational decision regarding my money and my property as someone who doesn't seem to handle his own financial affairs? I believe what he has been doing is Criminal against me I know it was discriminatory and abusive and I do not know how much money he has given to the wrong people, it's a form of extortion.
I will repeat it had 10 years and 4 months to discuss with me what the reality of my family's life was and why my mother may have told him one day in her psychotic state of mind. What should I do to quickly get hold of my money and my jewelry since he has made a decision to no longer be the trustee without consulting me. I will add that I believe his wife runs his financial affairs and I do know she has attempted to interfere with mine and I've come down upon Him harshly. No one has a right to know anything about my family's financial affairs without my permission.
It appears he is a paid off "pawn" for the county I live in and the farm that my father gave me as well as the one that has been in the family for three generations that I told him I will take from him, is in. The very first trust attorney that wrote up this trust blindly. The attorneys's first question to me after speaking with my cousin Doug, "trustee", was," Does Doug even handle his own financial affairs?" I answered honestly I do not know what believe his wife handles his financial affairs and that they are in debt. He was irate when I would not give him my credit card numbers and it was to the point, I told him I would only meet him in a public place and I did Alert security. His decisions make no sense to me nor does he want to discuss them. Nonetheless I still have a room to be rebuilt that has had storm damage that should have been done in 2014. As stated in my first correspondence, I am in need of different medical attention that can be given in the area in which I live. I have a whole life yet to live and I am just now having grandsons, that I am unable to play with as I would have prior to the injuries that could have been prevented by those in my family as well as those in law enforcement. Bot***** *****ne I am so tired of playing his second grade third group/special ed games. I want what is mine now and I want him to repay for the money he has used due to his own incompetency. I am sure you understand this because of personal and it's very hard to put into words all that has happened, especially when one is injured and lives in pain due to the same ignorance.
I apologize, but I cannot identify a specific question that I can answer. I will opt out to see if someone else can assist you. There is no need to reply to this message..
Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I see the previous expert opted out. I'm having the same problem he had. I read through the extensive facts but don't see an actual question, just rhetorical ones. What specific question can I assist with? Also, please be aware that I may be assisting multiple customers and it may take a while to get back to you so please be patient.
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney