How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is caring long-time friend who has terminal

Customer Question

My daughter is caring for a long-time friend who has terminal cancer. The woman has one estranged son, no assets except funiture in her small apartment. The woman (Ellen) wants my daughter (Laura) to have power of attorney, make medical decisions, sell belongings to pay for creamation. What is the cheapest legal to attain this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping. First, you want to be aware that a Power of Attorney terminates automatically upon death. So, any authority she has under the POA will have to be exercised while she's alive. She will need two POA's....a Durable General POA and a Medical POA. I can provide you templates for each which you can easily complete for the specific names and addresses. I would have to do that for you through the Premium Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't seem to be working. I ask for further details and got not response. Please cancel my request and do not charge my credit card. This system used to be very helpful~
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I don't see any further requests for details.

Related Estate Law Questions