How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19134
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would like to create a simple trust to get a 72 year

Customer Question

Would like to create a simple trust to get a 72 year old gentleman on Montana Medicaid Expansion program. He is currently on Medicare, and makes apx. $400.00 over the income threshold, which is $2K. He has 2 vehicles, 1house, and an older fifth wheel.
Special needs trust perhaps? This is not for the assisted living or long term care yet....just to receive the benefits Montana Medicaid provides....thanks much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Regrettably, Special Needs Trust or any other "Medicare Trust" will not work here. The income in the trust will be counted as income for determining eligibility for the Medicaid expansion. Click on the link below for more information: Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Estate Law Questions