How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My personal representative in New Mexico has sent two

Customer Question

Hello, My personal representative in New Mexico has sent two forms for me to sign. The first one says Beneficiary 2 Schedule k-1 (Form 1041). The next Form is the Owners or Remitter's agreement to pay withholding on behalf of a pass-through entity or remitter.Should I sign these forms and give them back to her? Thanks for your quick response to this matter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Yes, provided that you want your taxes withheld and paid by the trust or estate. the k-1 form is filed with the tax return - Form 1041 for the trust or estate.

Related Estate Law Questions