How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118158
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own shares of stock the judge order that I can take cash

Customer Question

I own shares of stock the judge order that I can take cash out of company ,is this legal? and can he be held accountable for his decision?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A judge can order in a divorce that to buy out spouse of her marital share that money be either taken from the company of from some other source to compensate the other spouse for her marital share. It is actually something that is at the discretion of the judge and the judge really does not care where you get the money from as long as the spouse receives their marital share ordered. Judges are immune from civil suit under state law for any decisions rendered from the bench in cases they are hearing.