How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42200
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help fill out form w-4p desceased husband work as a

Customer Question

help fill out form w-4p for my desceased husband work as a carpenter for death pension. I'am single with 4 grown daghters live on social security.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** I'm an attorney and would like to assist you with your question. Remember, this is not to be considered legal advice, but rather for informational and educational purposes. What parts of the form w-4p are you having questions about?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
I have opted out of this question, as I have not heard back from you. I would be happy to assist you at a later time if you are available to answer clarifying questions.Best,Heather
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Ray here a new expert to help you . Generally it is better to have them withhold taxes here so you don't end up with a large tax bill at end of year.It sort of forces you to live on the net and you will now owe much if anything if you take out withholding.Treat it like a regular job here because the income is taxed.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
A here you enter 1 if you are now a single person(widow).This should have them withhold approximately what you will owe at end of year. I am so sorry for your loss of loved one, I appreciate the chance to help you today.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago. Line A you would enter "1" as number of persons and sign it and send it in.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
And again in the second part you send in line two here you check single, you can have extra taken out if you choose otherwise they withhold for a single person which you are here.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Claim a single person here for a year, see if you want to adjust it you can have them withhold more, but I think overall this is about the amount you would owe for the year. Thanks again for the chance to help. If you can positive rate when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
(Five stars) thanks again.