How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2242
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father just passed away. I just received 3/4 of dads ira

Customer Question

my father just passed away. I just received 3/4 of dads ira my daughter has about a week to live she's got cancer my dad still has money in other accounts that we might not find out about for another 6 months how do I know how much and I'm getting equal shares of all that money and a list of all of the accounts that he had and the total amount in them? I just want it to be done fair.what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.My condolences on the loss of your Father and the situation you are facing with your daughter that no parent should have to face, my heart goes out to you.As a beneficiary of an estate you are entitled to a full accounting by the trustee if the estate is administered from a trust or the personal representative/executor if the estate is subject to a Will and therefore is going through probate.If the estate is being probated, a copy of the Will can be obtained from the probate court. If this involves a trust, then upon request the trustee should provide a copy and accounting of the estate. Unfortunately if this does not happen and the trustee refuses to provide the information, a beneficiary will have to petition the court seeking an order against the trustee to produce an accounting.All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.
Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).

Related Estate Law Questions