How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19339
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** want to trademark my father's

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** want to trademark my father's name (deceased) and intellectual property
because different groups are using my father's name and materials to profit off of. I went on line at to do a trademark search and so far I haven't found anything to indicate that anyone has gone so far as to legally claim his name. My question is: Do you know of a lawyer who would be willing to take my case and get paid on the back end for services rendered if I win my case? I am disabled, on a limited income and unable to come up with the funds to pay a lawyer up front to help me. I want to apply for a Federal Registration Trademark. Do you know of anyone who can help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
This site's policy prohibits personal referrals. You can use the following sites to try to find local Attorneys that may be willing to handle your case under the terms that you are proposing: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.