How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2564
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner is held in custody in France. I have his account

Customer Question

my partner is held in custody in France. I have his account details to access money in Los Angeles online but I need further authorisation. His bank told him he needs to be present to do further authorisation. If I was given power of attorney would I have the same access as my partner to his account
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Hello. A Power of Attorney should work. Here is a link to the form: Partner may have to go to the US Consulate in France to get it notarized or have another form completed since he is in a foreign country. This may be difficult if he is in custody. Also, the bank may have a particular form it may want you to complete. But overall saying that your partner has to be present does not seem right.

Related Estate Law Questions