Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

In the state of New Jersey, can a husband, when he dies, leave

Customer Question

In the state of New Jersey, can a husband, when he dies, leave his wife's share of the estate in trust form whereby she receives monthly or yearly income from the estate? Does she have to be informed of this before her husband's death?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. The husband can leave the part of his estate to his wife in trust that pays as you describe. However, certain things, like some kinds of pensions, can't be done that way because of the federal laws. If you inform her and she signs a specific waiver/release than you can do it.