How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need to have an attorney to notify the Austin TX, FBI

Customer Question

Do I need to have an attorney to notify the Austin TX, FBI to ask them to investigate the actions of Executrix and a sibling in the matter of my deceased mothers estate. The Executrix and sibling involved in intent is Real Estate fraud, and I suspect, my signiture has been forged on court documents.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
NO, you do not need an attorney to report any type of criminal activity to the district attorney's office, as the US Attorney and FBI rarely get involved in these types of cases. You would need to go through the local district attorney and law enforcement unless there is mail fraud and wire fraud involved then you can report it to the FBI and you do not have to have any attorney represent you to do so, all you need to do is make sure you have the evidence you need to show that this executrix is committing criminal offenses against the estate and you as beneficiaries.