How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1361
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** I have received half of my fathers house

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have received half of my fathers house when he passed I share it with my brother we are selling the home (it is on the market) but I want to put my half in my dauhgter's name so she can use the money for college, I owe the IRS and don't want them to take the money form the sell, how do I transfer my half to my daughter so I am no longer on it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My father of course left everything to my brother and me half each. So we are execs of the estate the only thing left is the house we are going to sell it I don't ant my name on it so I want to give my half to my daughter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Is this in the United States or the United Kingdom?. You have posted in UK law.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
What state is the property located?