How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is Anne, I live in Alabama. My mothers died April,

Customer Question

My name is***** live in Alabama. My mothers died April, 2015 and she did not have a will. She lived in her fathers old home, her parents passed away years before she passed. My mother have other siblings older than her, and we know this is heir property. My mother has 3 living children and I'm the middle child. My oldest sister live out of state and my younger brother lives here in Alabama. Me and my brother is the only one that have keys to the house our mother lived in. My brother changed the locks on my mom house without my knowledge. Is this legal? He is not the executive or her estate no one is. What can I do about this, because it is heir property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for your recent loss

Can you tell me, who has title to the home? Is it in your mom's name? If not, in whose name is it?