Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

My mother had a will naming my brother & I co-exec.when my

Customer Question

My mother had a will naming my brother & I co-exec.when my dad died 2005 in NJ. In 2008 she changed her will giving my brother all assets and said that I will receive nothing. Am I in my rights to view the new will, I keep asking him for a copy and have not receive one.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You aren't "entitled" to see the new will until such time as it is filed with the court or there is a court order issued requiring them to show it to you.At some point either he will file for probate or you can file for probate and then the will should be filed with the court or if you file judge will order him to turn it over to the court. There is no requirement that a will be probated, however, until it is probated it is just a piece of paper and no one should allow it to be used to transfer property, etc.