How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have hired Mark Hinkston to handle an estate (Trust) issue

Customer Question

I have hired Mark Hinkston to handle an estate (Trust) issue that has gone to court and set for trial. Both parties have agreed to mediation. I have made multiple attempts to contact I
With Failed response's and or meetings that he set up and then did not show up for them.
Please help as I have already paid him $5,000 and do not know what to do . He also has my paperwork needed to move forward with the case.
Thank you in advance,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Have you contacted the state lawyer regulatory agency?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at this point. When you google the state of Wisconsin I am unsure of where to direct the complaint and cannot believe that he would not respond. When I asked him about due dates for the court's (this was after the due date) He stated that he had mailed me paper work. 1) It was after it was due. 2) I have yet to receive it.
I am out of fund's to hire another lawyer and he has my paperwork for the trust. I am being sued by my own children to be removed as Trustee and my oldest son to be named Trustee . There is nothing left of the trust except properties that me children living in rent free and I have stopped giving them money
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Contact:Office of Lawyer Regulation (OLR)Keith Sellen, Director110 East Main Street, Suite 315Madison, WI###-##-####hone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####The OLR can contact your attorney and suggest that he respond -- or be subject to discipline (suspension). Usually a phone call from OLR will cause the attorney to reset his priorities. Of course, there could be some other issue (illness, injury, etc.). But, from what you describe, that's no what's happening.I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!