How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband died last month. i am now exectrix of his will with

Customer Question

my husband died last month. i am now exectrix of his will with my daughter named on my death. i have been told i need letters or certificate of testamentary. who is the execater me or my daughter and how do i get these documents
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
My sympathies for your loss; a few minutes please as I get you this information.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience;the relevant statutes are accesible here: The person who is named as executrix is the person who needs to apply for Letters Testamentary-these Letters give the person the ability to act as decedent's legal representative, and to disburse property according to the terms of the will. The named executrix serves now; upon that person's death, the successor executrix would then resume that position. Here is the application which is to be filed in the court house in the county where decedent last resided: here
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago. That will walk you through the process. kindly rate positively if no further questions so the site may credit my account for assisting you. Thank you and take care.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!