Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I am a Widow of a man who fought in the west and the east.

Customer Question
He had 100% pension when...
I am a Widow of a man who fought in the west and the east. He had 100% pension when he died they took it away from me. We did not have it 10 years should have. We did have a pension and I tried to ge that back. I am 95 yedars old is there anything I could do? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have pages from the case. He also was sick when he was discharged and did go to the Veterans hospital for 3 months. They never gave him 100% for his problem until he could no longer work but he had that condition for more than 10 years. A Judge in Washington reviewed the case but all my letters were not sent to make it a fair case. I do not know what he was sent.I'm just wondering if I could get a Widows Pension? Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband died March 2009 7 years ago. I felt treated unfairly.
4/3/2016
Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
I am sorry to hear this. Did VA give you a statement in writing explaining why your claim for the pension was denied? Have you applied for social security survivor's benefits?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No to both questions. Just that we did not have the full pension for 10 years . We went all the time to Madison and they never would rate him 100% Even though it was very bad. Could not work. I was sorry they didn't give me back what we were getting before they gave him the 100%.They took everything away. I wish I could have had a lawyer to help me. I will try to find out where to call Social Security Survivor's Office. Thank you. I would like to end this how do I do this? Could you get me to the Credit Office? Thank you
https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-10.htmllists the information you will need to apply for survivor's benefits. I am not sure what you meant by the Credit Office. Do you mean customer service?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you but I think I will call and see if I am entitled to anything. Thank you again. I was so down on the VA I just let it go and tonight I hoped I might still have hope. Just Answer will charge me the$ 5.00 that they quoted. Thank you again. You were very kind to this old lady.
Thank you. You can get a free consultation from some of the social security attorneys listed by location here and some of the veterans benefits attorneys listed here. Please follow up this with a local attorney. I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney