How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9340
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Widow of a man who fought in the west and the east.

Customer Question

I am a Widow of a man who fought in the west and the east. He had 100% pension when he died they took it away from me. We did not have it 10 years should have. We did have a pension and I tried to ge that back. I am 95 yedars old is there anything I could do? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pages from the case. He also was sick when he was discharged and did go to the Veterans hospital for 3 months. They never gave him 100% for his problem until he could no longer work but he had that condition for more than 10 years. A Judge in Washington reviewed the case but all my letters were not sent to make it a fair case. I do not know what he was sent.I'm just wondering if I could get a Widows Pension? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband died March 2009 7 years ago. I felt treated unfairly.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. Did VA give you a statement in writing explaining why your claim for the pension was denied? Have you applied for social security survivor's benefits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to both questions. Just that we did not have the full pension for 10 years . We went all the time to Madison and they never would rate him 100% Even though it was very bad. Could not work. I was sorry they didn't give me back what we were getting before they gave him the 100%.They took everything away. I wish I could have had a lawyer to help me. I will try to find out where to call Social Security Survivor's Office. Thank you. I would like to end this how do I do this? Could you get me to the Credit Office? Thank you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago. the information you will need to apply for survivor's benefits. I am not sure what you meant by the Credit Office. Do you mean customer service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I think I will call and see if I am entitled to anything. Thank you again. I was so down on the VA I just let it go and tonight I hoped I might still have hope. Just Answer will charge me the$ 5.00 that they quoted. Thank you again. You were very kind to this old lady.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You can get a free consultation from some of the social security attorneys listed by location here and some of the veterans benefits attorneys listed here. Please follow up this with a local attorney. I hope this information is helpful.