How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have custody of my three son and an life estste agreement

Customer Question

I have custody of my three son and an life estste agreement per my divorce. Seemed like the easiest way at the time. Not so. Now i would like to sell the home and by another, still willing it to my three sons. My ex wife and 18 yr are in agreement and the other two boys are minors. Can this be done?
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No ty
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You will need to motion to modify here with court that granted divorce.You would need judicial approval here to sell the house.If the court and the parties approved this as part of the divorce you need the court to grant the motion. Since the children are minors you need the court to agree and find it is in the best interests of the minors here. It is very possible to modify through the courts to allow for such a sale if there has been a change in circumstances and the ex doesn't have a problem with it.It could be done by agreed motion you will need a local family lawyer to draft and file such a motion here to resolve it. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You are so welcome.Take care now.If you can positive rate always much appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions