How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is divorced from his wife and owes child support

Customer Question

My brother is divorced from his wife and owes child support to her. My mother is at an age that she will be passing soon, and my ex sister-in-law says she file a lien against Mom's estate for my brother's share. Is that true? I am executrix and how should I deal with this? Also, I have durable POAs on both Mom and my brother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
I have a couple of questions, your ex sister in law. Is she divorced from your brother or is he dead?

Related Estate Law Questions