How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 12249
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my dads estate be reopened in state it's been 3 years

Customer Question

Can my dads estate be reopened in Washington state it's been 3 years ,suspect wrong doing by attorney
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, it would be too late to reopen an estate and have a probate order vacated. However, depending on when exactly this all occurred, and when you discovered the error, you may have recourse against the attorney himself (and in turn, his malpractice insurer). However, you will want to move very quickly. The statute of limitations for malpractice is 3 years from the occurrence, or 1 year from discovery of the occurrence, whichever is later. So, if I were you, I would schedule an appointment with a local attorney this week as soon as possible. Once the statute of limitations expires, it is too late to take action ... even if it expires the day before. So time is of the essence here.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!