How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41013
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister is trustee of my recently deceased (Sept. 2016)

Customer Question

My sister is trustee of my recently deceased (Sept. 2016) mothers trust. We all received a partial payment of equal amount in Dec.and this month 2 of us got 2,500 and the other 3 got 15,000. I called the trust attoney to find out how much i was getting and when. He charged the trust for this and my sister said if we have aby questions we have to get our own attoney. We have never been informed of the status of investments made with moms money nor a copy of the trust which i also contacted trust attorney for (via message i left on message machine) and was charged for too. Should we have gotton a copy of trust or financial accounting from trustee by now? And do i have to get my own lawyer even though letters with our checks from estate attorney say to not hesitate to call if we have any questions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You will need your own trust lawyer here to demand a copy of the trust and pursue this if you have to in court.You have legitimate questions here why some beneficiaries got more than others.

You can also seek an accounting and the trustee can also be replaced here for failure to carry out duties such as accounting for funds and any misspent ones.You have legitimate questions , but you need your own lawyer to force disclosure.You have rights through the court if you have too including removal of trustee.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I am so sorry you have had to go through this.

Thanks again and Happy Easter.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Trust lawyers , you have to plug in your city/state here to get them locally.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate when we are through here it is always much appreciated.Take care.

Related Estate Law Questions