How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42828
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 't know what the Funeral homes in Oklahoma have to have to

Customer Question

I don't know what the Funeral homes in Oklahoma have to have to "prove" a person was or wasn't married...A woman my dad lived with is trying to push the common law thing I am assuming as there was not any record or anything of marriage. He contended with all of us in the family that they never married.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

I am so sorry for your loss here, are you wanting to amend the death certificate and remove her from it??

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Death Certificate Amendments

Attending Physician/Medical Examiner Section

Items in this section may only be amended upon application of the medical examiner or the attending physician indicated on the original filed certificate of death. This section includes the cause and manner of death as well as other pertinent information related to the fact of the death.

Funeral Home Section - Minor Changes

Minor corrections to a death certificate can be made with a statement of correction from the funeral home which must attest to the fact that the corrections are being made based on an error made for the funeral home. In some cases additional documentation will be required to clarify the item such as minor misspellings.

Funeral Home Section - Other Changes

All other changes are subject to review and submission of legal documentation. Applications submitted and not accepted may be submitted by filing a petition with the Administrative Hearing Clerk pursuant to OAC 310:2 and seek a final decision by an Administrative Law Judge granting the relief requested. The applicant shall bear the burden of proof, by clear and convincing evidence that the proposed change, alteration or amendment sought by the Applicant corrects an error or misstatement of fact as to any information supplied to the State Registrar by the funeral home.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

What If There Is An Error On The Death Certificate?
Death records may be amended in accordance with Oklahoma law based on specific legal documents. Please complete an application and mail it along with a copy of your ID and a detailed description of what the error is. Once we have reviewed your application, we will send you a letter of instruction. An additional fee of $25 may be requested to cover the cost of the amendment.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Application to amend it..

This would be the process to correct and amend her off the birth certificate here.

Let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again for the chance to help tonight.