Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My mother died yesterday and she was a veteran and worked VA

Customer Question
my mother died yesterday and...
my mother died yesterday and she was a veteran and worked for the VA hospital. She has a life insurance policy with the hospital. They say she did not designate a beneficiary. She was married but has been separated for 18 months. What can I do get her insurance policy to bury her
Teresa
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
3/24/2016
Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, Teresa. Please tell me:

1) Did your mother have a Last Will and Testament? If so, who is designated as the Executor?

2) Did she have any other children besides you?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney