How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother granted her assets to an irrevocable trust in

Customer Question

My mother granted her assets to an irrevocable trust in January 2013. She died with a will in June 2013. She held no probate assets at the time of her death. All her personal clothing and furniture she had at the time of her death were donated to charity. She owes no personal or estate taxes. Do we need to apply for official executor status to file the 709 form with IRS?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information. Just so I understand, can you explain why you need to file the Form 709? Thanks.

Related Estate Law Questions