How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom is 90 years old and still living in a home that she

Customer Question

My mom is 90 years old and still living in a home that she owns in full. We believe if she needs to go into a nursing facility or otherwise, they will take her home in payment. How can we protect her home? Can we have it titled in our names (I have 2 sisters) and if so, how would we accomplish this and is there a look back period (5 years)?.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The issue will be who is paying for the care. Does her income and assets allow her to pay for the nursing care on her own? Or will she need to apply for state aid?