Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

What do I do with an attorney that has had a simple estate

Customer Question

What do I do with an attorney that has had a simple estate matter for going on 2.5 years
and 5k. spent with no results.
My sister is the executor and is running the show.
Thanks,
Peter
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps seek a record of the amount of time the attorney has spent on your matter. Explain to the attorney that you will exercise the option to report the attorney to the state bar if the attorney has charged fro services that have not been provided. Sometime an estate takes a long time but 2.5 years is ridiculous. If the attorney understands that his actions could trigger discipline with the Michigan State Bar Association he may start acting like a true competent attorney.

I hope that helped. Please as k any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.