How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16370
Experience:  15 yrs experience: Elder Law, Wills, Social Security Issues
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother passed away. The only thing she I owned was a 03

Customer Question

Mother passed away . The only thing she I owned was a 03 Blazer in stepfathers and mothers name . Just need title
How do I get
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.


Your stepfather or you must complete a Probate and Estates Small Estate Affidavit. This form is used when there is just personal property in an estate and the value of which personal property cannot exceed $ 50,000 (this includes the value of the car registered in the deceased name at Time of death). You complete the affidavit and have it singed in front of a notary and then take it to the clerk's office at the probate and family court in the county where your mother lived and died.


Here is a link to the EXACT form that you need for the filing:


I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. IF not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above before leaving the website ! THis will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH