How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42257
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Father died in fl. was only here days from Ohio how to

Customer Question

Father died in fl. was only here for 9 days from Ohio how to handle estate no property just a personal loan in Ohio I am his birth daughter and will be handling everything no will or life insurance . I am a resident of fl. for 9 1/2 years . had POA but been told in valid since death on 3/9/2016
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If there were no assets, you may just write holder of loan here advising that there were no assets and that he died insolvent so there is no means to pay it back either in Florida or Ohio.

And thats really all there would be to do in such a situation.Since there are no assets no need for probate and creditor here is out of luck.You do this as a courtesy to the person who lent funds.I am assuming this isn't you here.

I appreciate the chance to help, sorry for the loss of your father.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.