How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42276
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Concealer, I have a question regarding my sister who my

Customer Question

Dear Concealer,
I have a question regarding my sister who my father in his will (he passed in April 2015) requested she be granted the position of Executor of his will. She, her husband and an attorney followed all rules of law , and appeared in person before one of the Dallas County Probate County Magistrates. She was officially appointed in Probate Court the official Executor of my fathers will. Within the will there is a paragraph instructing from my father that his Wedding Band be given to me. To this point I still have not received the Wedding Band that is her responsibility to provide me with as I understand the law. It's now to the point she as given me excuses. Now she will not talk to me or respond to my e-mails (latest attempt to e-mail her was last week). She admits now that she found it and would US Mail it to me via First Class, but still no ring. She lives in Plano and I in Arlington. ??? Is there any action I can take to ensure that I can take thru the County Probate System to legally get my fathers Wedding Ring as he specified in his will, and my own sister being appointed the official Executor..? Thank you for your response.
God bless,
Chaplain Alan Knappenberger ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Yes you can write the probate judge and ask for a hearing on the matter.Set out that you are an heir here and the personal representative has not followed the Texas Estate Code to distribute the ring.It is important that you word it this way, here in Texas executors or adminstrators have been renamed personal representative and the Texas Estate Code is current law.

Honorable ***** *****

Court name and number

Estate of Bill Jones, Case No. 1234

Dear Judge Smith,

I am writing you concerning the above referenced estate of my father.I was will a wedding band belonging to my father.Despite numerous requests to the personal representative I have not received it.I am asking that you set a hearing on this matter and issue orders requiring the personal representative to produce the ring to me or be or be removed from office for breach of fiduciary duties.This delay has caused me much anguish as it represents a very personal connection to my father.

If you can notify me of the hearing date I will be happy to attend so that I may testify to the court.

Sincerely yours,

Your name

cc to personal representative

Something like this ought to get you the ring..You can always cancel the hearing if it is forthcoming.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I am so sorry that you are having to go through this for the ring.Hope the letter gets this done.