How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41063
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received this letter form the NC state bar, wanted to see

Customer Question

I received this letter form the NC state bar , wanted to see if you guys will be able to help me to respond to that letter so fat I wrote a letter myself but before I send that wanted to make sure that im doing the right thing
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see attachment.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Can you post your response here so I may see it and comment.Thanks.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

They are alleging you charged for legal services and no lawyer on staff..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way that you can help me to respond to this letter please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
help me to make sure the letter ITS O.K
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You would respond here with the facts.If you were billing for taxes instead of legal fees tell them that.If you have a lawyer that is part of your business and they provided legal services tell them that.If you wrongfully billed for legal services tell them it was error, you refunded the money and will not do so in the future.

If you have a draft here I will review what you propose as a response for comment.These are your options to respond deny it with facts, admit to it , refund the money and agree not to do it again.Unless you have a lawyer as part of your business you cannot bill legal fees under the law they sent to you.

I appreciate the chance to help you, if you post your response be happy to comment.Thanks.