Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I received this letter form the NC state bar, wanted to see

Customer Question
I received this letter form...
I received this letter form the NC state bar , wanted to see if you guys will be able to help me to respond to that letter so fat I wrote a letter myself but before I send that wanted to make sure that im doing the right thing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please see attachment.
3/7/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Can you post your response here so I may see it and comment.Thanks.

They are alleging you charged for legal services and no lawyer on staff..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there a way that you can help me to respond to this letter please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you please help me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
help me to make sure the letter ITS O.K

You would respond here with the facts.If you were billing for taxes instead of legal fees tell them that.If you have a lawyer that is part of your business and they provided legal services tell them that.If you wrongfully billed for legal services tell them it was error, you refunded the money and will not do so in the future.

If you have a draft here I will review what you propose as a response for comment.These are your options to respond deny it with facts, admit to it , refund the money and agree not to do it again.Unless you have a lawyer as part of your business you cannot bill legal fees under the law they sent to you.

I appreciate the chance to help you, if you post your response be happy to comment.Thanks.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney