Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My mom passed away she has credit card bills not sure if in…

Customer Question
My mom passed away she...
My mom passed away she has credit card bills not sure if in Florida credit card company can put a lean on my dad's bank account for moms bills
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/7/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was mother the only owner on the card account or was it jointly owned?

.

Does mother have any assets in her name solely?

.

Is mother on father's bank account as a joint owner?

.

.

thanks

Credit card only in moms name
No assets
No dad has his own bank account

Ok, then no, the creditors can only come after mother's estate for payment. If she has no assets in her name, then the creditors just lose out.

.

.

thanks