Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I received a $10,000 Life Insurance policy and a $3200

Customer Question
policy when my father passed...
I received a $10,000 Life Insurance policy and a $3200 policy when my father passed away. I have spent approximately $11,000 in funeral, headstone and miscellaneous expenses. He had received home health care for about 2 years and the company did not bill him for the first 3 months of care. I repeatedly asked them about this and was told 'let me check into it', and it was still unresolved when my father passed.
After he passed the home health care company sent me a bill for $3200 for the unpaid months. Am I responsible for paying this?
Thank you,
Cindy G.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/4/2016
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good morning Cindy. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me just a bit more information? Were you the named beneficiary on these policies or were they payable to your dad's estate? Thanks.