Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My mother and I brought a house in Texas, she died. Her

Customer Question
My mother and I brought...
My mother and I brought a house in Texas, she died . Her original Will she did not identify this property. Her Will left everything should be divided equally between her four children.
My question: Can I have my siblings quick deed their portion( 3/8) of my house to me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/3/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Yes assuming the will has been probated, they can quit claim their interest in the property to you in this circumstance.

Free forms for you here.

QUITCLAIM DEED

STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF ___________________

________________________________________________________________ [name(s)

of grantor(s)], of ________________ County, Texas, for and in consideration of the sum of ten

dollars and no cent

s ($10.00) paid by the Grantee(s) named in this deed, the receipt of which is

hereby acknowledged, ________ [has/have] quitclaimed, and by this instrument does

quitclaim, to _________________________________________________________________

[name(s) of gran

tee(s)], of __________________ County, Texas, all of ______ [his/her/their]

right, title and interest in and to the real property situated in _____________________ County,

Texas, and described as:

[

Insert legal description/address of property.

]

___________

___________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________

_____________________________________________

Grantor(s) grants, to have and to hold, all of the Grantor’s rights, title, and interest in

and to the above described property and premises to the Grantee(s), and to _________

[his/her/their] heirs and assig

ns forever, so that neither Grantor(s) nor Grantor’s heirs, legal

representatives, or assigns shall have, claim, or demand any right or title to the property,

premises, or appurtenances, or any part thereof.

EXECUTED on ____________________________ [date

].

_________________________________

[Signature of Grantor One]

_________________________________

[Typed or printed name]

_________________________________

[Signature of Grantor Two]

_________________________________

[Typed or printed name]

Name & Addr

ess of Grantee(s):

_________________________________

_________________________________

_________________________________

_________________________________

***These forms are not a substitute for legal advice.

***

2

Revised 2/17/2011

STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF _____________________

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, on this d

ay personally appeared

___________________________________________________________ [name(s) of grantor(s)]

known to me to be the person(s) whose name(s) _______ [is/are] subscribed to the foregoing

instrument, and acknowledged to me that ________ [he/she/t

hey] executed the same for the

purposes and consideration therein expressed.

This instrument was acknowledged before me on ____________________ [date] by

__________________________________________________________ [name(s) of grantor(s)].

_____________

___________________

[Signature of Notary Public]

________________________________

[Typed or printed name]

Notary Public in and for the State of Texas

My commission expires: __________

I appreciate the chance to help you today.They sign in front of notary and you file it in county deed records where property is located.Thanks again.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.