Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

One week before my mother died my mother change her well and…

Customer Question
One week before my mother...
One week before my mother died my mother change her well and gave everything to my sister she had over a million dollars can I contest this will what rights do I have
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was mother suffering from any mental problems like dementia or Alzheimer's?

.

Was she under any heavy medication when she changed the will?

.

.

thanks

she was in 3rd stage kidney disease and was on 5 different medications, was losing memory and had vertigo

Ok, then you could challenge her change in the will as being a product of medical incompetence if she was so heavily medicated so as to not be able to understand what she was doing.

.

This would require you to file a will contest and hire an attorney to challenge this in probate court. Your attorney would get her doctors to come and testify about whether they felt that she was mentally competent considering her illness and any medication she was on.

.

If the judge throws out that will, then the old will would control as written.

.

.

thanks

Trying to call u

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

Barrister, Attorney