Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Here's the deal. Our executor has let a house go into

Customer Question
Here's the deal. Our...

Here's the deal. Our executor has let a house go into foreclosure. She says she finally has listed the home and will be accepting the 1st offer because the bank wants the balance due. It's listed at fmv and has a balance of half that amount. She says if it doesn't sell soon the bank will take the home and we will get nothing. I want to know if I can hire someone to offer 75%+/- fmv and end up buying the home. As far as I can tell she's incompetent and would be glad to loose the home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's in fl.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/3/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

There would not be anything that would prevent or someone else from making an offer on the house if they wanted to do so to try and buy it below market value. It would then be up to the executor as to whether or not to sell and whether any beneficiaries would formally object to the probate judge that the price was too low.

.

.

thanks