Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Ely,Rights of a beneficiary in the state of MD, Executor…

Customer Question
Hi Ely,Rights of a...

Hi Ely,Rights of a beneficiary in the state of MD, Executor transparency, Gaining access to a will , previous to the final will ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The Executor was a friend of the deceased, ended up with over half of the assets, Will was changed 4 months prior to death, Basically we don't know what is going on with the deceased's finances... etc...

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. What exactly are you asking, i.e. what is your question? For example: "I am a beneficiary and I need to find out what the Executor is doing with the estate." OR "I need to see the will."

Ely, Do I have the right to view the previous will, to view transactions the deceased made within the last year. Like I said I think there was Undue Intent by the Friend/Ecexutor/Benificiary who is named with over half of the estate. What should we do? How can we avoid large legal fees

Thank you for your reply. Please tell me - has probate been formally filed for the deceased at this time? Or, not yet?