How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41027
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. My question and most of the info is

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. My question and most of the info is in my post. Have or can you read what all I wrote?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I purchased a mobile home and land on July 21st 2015 through power of attorney, I got titles to the mobile home, I did the land by quit claim deed. All receipt for said properties are dated July 21st. But the quit claim deed was not filed until the 24th. The owner died on the 23rd of July. I had to redo quit claim deed because it came back with a couple of issues. One name was spelled differently, they couldn't read some of the wording and power of attorney had not signed POA. I redid the quit claim deed and got it recorded. County shows it belongs to me. I tried to evict the persons living in the home, but one is the minor child of the deceased (although) that is fraud, as the child is in fact not his, but when he found out he was dying of cancer, he added his name as father to the birth certificate (3 years after the birth) only so the child could collect his SS survivor benefits. That's another story.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You can certainly file a suit to quiet title.This is the legal means to have the courts award you legal title free of any claims or liens.

If your lawyer will, refund your money take it and find a new lawyer here that will file such a suit to quiet title.That is the means here to move forward since there is no probate and no executor to quit claim you the property from the estate.

New lawyer here

Lawyer Referral Service Online - Available 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

A quiet title action is a lawsuit that is brought in circuit court to clear a party’s title to real property. The purpose of a quiet title action is to eliminate all claims to title, which might stand in the way of a title insurance company issuing a clear title insurance policy. Here it is questionable if title was transferred while the person was alive and therefore the deed was valid.So a suit to quiet title wil fix this and resolve it.Then you are free to evict any tenants living in the property.

Thanks for letting me help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Related Estate Law Questions