Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

My aunt and uncle owned a real estate property in the

Customer Question

My aunt and uncle owned a real estate property in the Philippines prior to becoming American Citizens. They a both deceased now and their 4 children, who were all born in the Philippines and are naturalized US citizens, inherited all their properties here in the US as well as the one in the Philippines. They do not want to deal with the property in the Philippines as they are all living here in the US with their own families. They've decided to give away the Philippine property to their cousins still living in the Philippines. What legal document should they use to effect the transfer, out of goodwill, of this property to their cousins in the Philippines? They live in Illinois.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, and thanks for submitting your question to Just Answer. While transferring real estate in the United States is a 1 or 2 step process, transferring in the Philippines is much more complicated. It involves paying taxes and obtaining different documents. I don't see how you could do this from here, and I suggest that you contact a competent real estate professional in the cities where the property is located to assist you.

Here is some information about the process, and I think you'll agree with me.

http://howtotransferlandtitle.blogspot.com/

http://www.lamudi.com.ph/journal/land-titles-transferred-philippines/

I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you only based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my Answer by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.