Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can current trustees in a Durable Power of Attorney be taken…

Customer Question
Can current trustees in a...
Can current trustees in a Durable Power of Attorney be taken out and new ones put in without changing anything else and therefore drawing up a new Power of Attorney won't be necessary? Or would you just have to executer a new Power of Attorney document?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/2/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.\

You really just need to execute a new POA.It revokes the prior one and names the new POA.You just sign it in front of the notary..

Free forms

http://powerofattorney.com/texas/

Free medical POA forms you can use these to authorize someone to make medical decisions as well.

http://texasprobate.com/professional-forms/disability-planning-forms/

Doing new POA is the way to revoke old one and add new names here in Texas. Tear up the old ones when you are done.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate it is much appreciated when we are done.